Saturday, September 30, 2006

Random Thoughts Of The Week

As amazing as Notre Dame's win over the Michigan State was, they're still overrated. If this team runs the gauntlet until the USC game later this year, they'll still have a shot at the National title. If they played anywhere other than South Bend, this team would ranked in the bottom half of the top 25(if at all) instead of 12th.

I'm tired of these T.O apologists like Michael Irvin and Deion Sanders. This guy is a clubhouse cancer and the only reason these guys continue to defend him is because he's black. As a black man, I'm sick of the double-standard in play here. These guys, despite their antics, were always considered team first guys. Great teammates. Yet they continue to defend this clown who has always put himself above the team. He's thrown more guys under the bus than anyone in recent memories. It's never his fault. If this was a white guy pulling this garbage, I doubt they'd be as sympathetic.

And I don't want to hear the mental health garbage either. If you make seven figures, that gives you access to the best health care available. But he's not sick. He's someone who has never been held accountable for his actions until recently and doesn't feel like he has live by the same rules everyone else. If there was ever a guy who deserves an ACL injury...

Pedro is out until June with a rotator cuff injury/surgery. Say what you want about the guy. I personally hate his guts. But in spite of only pitching healthy for a little over a year and a half, that was still $52 million well spent. He helped bring a dead franchise back to respectability. You can argue that the Mets are in better shape than at any point in their 40 year history. That ascension began with stealing Pedro from Boston. Did they overpay for him? Yep. But even if he never throws another pitch, he will have done his job.

As funny as it would be for me personally, anyone who thinks that any of these sad sack NL teams have a chance of beating the Mets.....is an idiot. Even without Pedro, the Mets have enough to crush any of these teams.

Coughlin should have benched Shockey against Washington for mouthing off after the Seattle loss. But I think Tim Lewis and Jim Hufnagel should be put on notice as well.

The ACC is very underrated football conference. Personally, I think it's a better overall conference than the Big 12.

I hate the wave. If I had my way, anyone caught doing it at Yankee Stadium would be summarily executed.

I'm going to miss Jason Whitlock on ESPN 2. I definitely agree with his assessment of Mike Lupica, but I think he's being a little hard on Scoop Jackson.

Working on weekends sucks. That's why I don't work in sports.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home