Sunday, April 02, 2006

Cinderella Gets Pummeled And Develops Battered Baller's Syndrome


Talk about leaving no doubt...

These two games were the equivalent of boyfriend/spouse who finally has enough of his woman browbeating him and finally snaps...He takes her out back and just gives her the whupping of a lifetime...with all of her friends watching because they're afraid that if they try to break it up...they'll get beat too.

Not that I condone or endorse that sort of thing. Just making an observation.


At least I know who I'm rooting for. My love for USC prevents me from rooting for UCLA in well, anything....so going for Florida was an easy choice even if I didn't 1)Like Florida Football 2)Was a fan of Yannick Noah 3)Joa'chim Noah went to Poly Prep, a Brooklyn private school in the same conference as my high school alma mater (I wrestled against their guys several times)and 4)Billy Donovan is a Long Island guy.



It's pretty funny since that these two teams are in the final game. Both coaches have Big East roots (Howland coached at Pitt, Donovan played at Providence) and have been an easy targets for the pundits. Howland was awful in his first couple of years at UCLA and many wondered why he left Pitt in the first place and Billy's team have underacheived since making the Finals in 1999. Now one of them will get a very large primate off their back.

Here's hoping it's Billy.....

Florida 65 UCLA 57

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home