Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Big Blue Moves...Never Too Early to Talk Football

A subject that I actually want to write about....

Giants Announce Signings
The Giants today began the promised upgrade of their secondary while also bolstering their special teams when they signed cornerbacks Sam Madison, R.W. McQuarters and Jason Bell, plus safety Quentin Harris. In addition, the Giants re-signed punt and kickoff returner Chad Morton, backup tackle Bob Whitfield and reserve quarterback Tim Hasselbeck. The team was also awarded cornerback Brandon Williams off waivers from the Atlanta Falcons.


Loving these moves. We've got a nice mix of veteran leadership and youth on our defense to complement the guys we have on our offense. The NFC East is going to be tough once again. But I think whoever comes out of that division this year has a good shot at going to the Super Bowl. I really do. Eli will be a year older and hopefully wiser and the skill guys will have another year under their belts.

Baring any major injuries, a bar we haven't been able scale the last couple of years, I really feel good about our chances. If we can draft a solid player at either Linebacker or Defensive Tackle, that'll give us much needed depth on that side of the ball.

Now if I can just get my Strat-O-Matic team together....I'd be in business....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home