Monday, December 12, 2005

You Knew They Wouldn't Die Easy


But finally, we can say it...THE EAGLES ARE DEAD!!

I'm so glad I stayed home for this one. I was invited by some friends to watch the game at Blondies Sunday, but decided to stay home because 1)I have a hard time looking at myself in the mirror without a shirt...the cross-trainer awaits...and 2)I don't have a DVR (a Christmas present to myself perhaps) and I didn't want to miss another episode of the West Wing. So I stayed home and watched from my disheveled apartment.

You knew Eli Manning was going to go through some more growing pains. I just wish he didn't have go through it during a playoff run. I understand that he's actually ahead of the curve when you compare him to other QB's who have started 20 games in their career. I understand that everyone picked the Giants to finish 8-8 and that all of this is gravy.

But when you look at the teams around the NFL and you look at the Giants, you realize that there's not much that separates them. The only thing that separates the Seahawks, the Panthers, the Colts and others is consistent play from their QB. That the Giants could easily be 11-2, if not for a few gaffs from young Eli.

I understand that Manning has won quite a few games as well. But the last few weeks, Eli has been exposed for the young Padouwan he is. A Jedi he is not. He's incredibly talented and shows flashes of brilliance at times. But he makes his fair share of mistakes as well.


Thankfully, Big Blue's defense remembered who they were playing in overtime and put a stop to the madness.

Now we have to look forward to a very pissed off Chiefs team on Saturday. Who are spit the bit against the Cowboys yesterday.

Oh joy....I can't wait. Hopefully, Eli is more Palpatine and less Obi-Wan in a couple of days.

1 Comments:

Blogger Darth Marc said...

Sorry about being so delinquent...I'm going to update more often from now on...

2:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home